GETCANADIANEXPERIENCE.CA is a Job Posting website dedicated to providing the best
source of job opportunities and job search experience to NEW IMMIGRANTS or NEWCOMERS in Canada
using a reliable, boosted and secure platform.
Yellowknife Veterinary Clinic is currently seeking 2 full-time Veterinary Assistants to join our team in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Yellowknife Veterinary Clinic is a family owned and operated business We are an industry leader in providing caring and compassionate veterinary services. Our vision is to provide the best services in prevention and intervention for our clients. We specialize in treating small animals and providing emergency care. We also have a boutique which is well stocked with formulated foods for the optimal balance of nutrients and the best taste. We operate at 308 Woolgar Ave, Yellowknife, NT X1A 3B5.
As a Veterinary Assistant, some of your duties will include:
- Assist in administering treatments as prescribed by the veterinarian;
- Assist in veterinary office management;
- Assist in diagnostic radiographs, collect samples and perform other laboratory tests;
- Assist in preparing medications and vaccines under direction of the veterinarian;
- Handle and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery;
- Assist in providing information to clients on animal health care;
- Assist in conducting specialized procedures on animals such as animal identification and hoof trimming;
- Assist the veterinarian before, during and after surgery;
- Assist in providing nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals;
- Assist in providing wound and bandage care; and
- Assist in performing routine animal dental procedures and assist the veterinarian with animal dentistry.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program;
- Ability to work with people and animals and a willingness to learn;
- Flexibility working odd hours as emergencies arise;
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills;
- Working knowledge of veterinary software including Cornerstone by IDEXX and Vetware by Solutions Vet
The applicant must provide a list of previous jobs held including the time frame, the location, position, reason for leaving, and contact information for those businesses. The applicant must also provide at least 3 references from supervisors in previous employment or others who can speak to their abilities and experiences. These references must be available to speak with the interviewer.
The wage for this position is $19.00 to $25.00 per hour, based on experience, for 37.5 to 40 hours per week. Benefits include dental insurance.
If you are interested in becoming part of the team, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Indigenous peoples, and newcomers to Canada are all welcome to apply.
For more information, please visit our website at https://yellowknifeveterinaryclinic.ca/