COL Cutting Canada Inc. is currently seeking 5 permanent full-time Diamond Cutters/Polishers to join our team in our Yellowknife factory located at #104 Archibald St, Yellowknife, NT X1A 0E6.
We are part of the Almod Diamonds group of companies. We are a vertically integrated diamond company that polishes rough diamonds, manufactures jewelry, and sells diamonds, gemstones, jewelry, and watches in our own large chain of Diamonds International retail stores. Diamonds International has over 100 locations throughout the US, Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America. Diamonds International sells a wide range of generic and branded diamonds and jewelry, including Almod’s proprietary Crown of Light diamond.
Our focus in Yellowknife is the production of the Crown of Light diamond. Almod is the owner of the US patent on the Crown of Light cut and, as such, is the exclusive manufacturer of Crown of Light diamonds. The Yellowknife facility is Almod’s 4th diamond-cutting facility and has been licensed by the Government of the Northwest Territories as an Approved Diamond Manufacturer. We require qualified Diamond Cutters/Polishers to ensure our products exceed the industry standards and those of our clients.
As a Diamond Cutter/Polisher, you will:
- Set up and operate stationary plant and machinery to cut the stones according to the specifications for the job;
- Position rough stones onto machines for cutting;
- Examine processed materials visually and physically to ensure compliance with established standards and job specifications, according to foreman’s instructions;
- Operate scanning equipment like Sarin or OGI computers;
- Hold stones against rotating plates and wheel to cut, shape, slit, grind, and polish them;
- Maneuver work pieces in equipment during production;
- Operate grinding equipment;
- Examine gem surfaces and internal structures using polariscopes, refractometers, microscopes, and other optical instruments to differentiate between stones, identify rare specimens, or detect flaws, defects, or peculiarities affecting gem values;
- Secure diamonds in holders, chucks, dops, or tangs for cutting, polishing, faceting, or shaping;
- Advise others on ways to improve processes or products;
- Follow drawing guidelines or markings on materials or work pieces using patterns or other references;
- Place stones in clamps on polishing machines and polish facets of stones using diamond polishing scaife plates;
- Operate manual and automatic cutting equipment;
- Measure dimensions of completed products or work pieces to verify conformity to specifications;
- Select shaping scaives for tasks and mix and apply abrasives, boart, or polishing compounds;
- Select production equipment according to product specifications;
- Mix substances to create solutions;
- Replace worn equipment components;
- Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair;
- Maintain a clean and neat workplace; and
- Comply with safety instructions and other workplace rules.
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Experience cutting unique and proprietary diamond cuts;
- Knowledge of how to operate tools and machines to cut and polish diamonds, such as grinding equipment and scaife plates, holders and tangs, loupes, Sarin and OGI scanners, polariscopes, refractometers, and microscopes;
- Knowledge of how to cut, shape, and polish diamonds to high standards to prepare them for use in jewelry, with the ability to conform to the company’s parameters and working methods;
- High school diploma and diamond cutting courses diploma from a professional institute or equivalent. This education should include a wide variety of practical mechanical knowledge, such as prior experience working with diamond polishing machines and tools and understanding of their repair and maintenance;
- Physical abilities such as close-range vision for detail work, manual dexterity, arm/hand steadiness, control and precision for machine work, attention to detail, and the ability to carefully determine color and category details; and
- Minimum of 5 years of proven working experience as a diamond cutter or polisher.
The wage for this position is $17.30 per hour, for 40 hours per week and 3 months of in-house training on cutting the Crown of Light diamond.
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming part of the team, please submit your resume to Heidi Maharaj at email@example.com
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Indigenous peoples, and newcomers to Canada are all welcome to apply.
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.diamondsinternational.com/
DISCLAIMER: GETCANADIANEXPERIENCE does not guarantee the validity of job posting and job offers on its website. Job Seekers are cautioned to verify the validity of job postings and offers before taking any action about their employment situation. Job Seekers are solely responsible for checking the validity, genuineness, and legitimacy of any Employer, job posting or job offer posted on its company website.