Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Dispatch Operations Specialist works in the package center. This person has key responsibilities in servicing customers, drivers, and coordinating the center’s administrative activities.
- Monday - Friday (5 days a week)
- Permanent Part Time
- Shift: 3 PM - 8 PM
- *Flexibility Required with start and finish times*
Specific duties and responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Monitor the Package Center Information System
- Respond to customer requests and resolving customer concerns
- Respond to driver requests and resolving driver concerns
- Dispatch driver on calls (on calls are customer pick up requests)
- Audit time cards and submit corrections
- Maintain confidentiality of all internal systems, reports and personnel information
- Ability to work within a fast paced
- Assist with keeping the operations organized
- Become familiar with all aspects of the operations
- Training provided
- Continuous learning
- Knowledge of UPS services an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent MS Office knowledge (Access Database, Excel and Word)
- Key entry skills / attention to detail
- Must have ability to give instructions and work effectively with Drivers for the purpose of providing a high-level service to customers (40+ Drivers)
- Must have the ability to give instructions and work effectively with Service Providers for the purpose of day to day DISPATCH.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of computers to become proficient in e-mail and other UPS internal systems
- Paid weekly – every Friday
- $18.76 / per hour
- Merit increase review after 6 months, 12 months, and once a year thereafter
- Health & dental benefits after 60 working days
- 2 weeks paid vacation after one year; 3 weeks after 5 years; 4 weeks after 10 years; 5 weeks after 20 years; 6 weeks after 25 years
- Employee discounts
- Employee family assistance program
- Promotion from within opportunities
- Mandatory enrollment in company defined pension plan (DCPP)
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
DISCLAIMER: GETCANADIANEXPERIENCE does not guarantee the validity of job posting and job offers on its website. Job Seekers are cautioned to verify the validity of job postings and offers before taking any action about their employment situation. Job Seekers are solely responsible for checking the validity, genuineness, and legitimacy of any Employer, job posting or job offer posted on its company website.