Satellite Service Technician
Allow us to introduce ourselves…
You may think you don’t already know us, but our paths have definitely crossed before! From the water bottle in your hand, to the lamp lighting up your room, and even the t-shirt on your back, chances are each of these items were created using one of Atlas Copco’s industry leading air compressors. That’s right, compressed air is EVERYWHERE, and we are thrilled to have customers across all industries; medical, textiles, pharmaceutical, food manufacturing and many more… in over 180 countries across the globe! We like to think of ourselves as a Leader in the industry and encourage our employees to think the same!
We don’t just promote diversity and inclusion because it’s the right thing to do, we do it because it’s what drives best results. We welcome applicants of all race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, age, and all other legally protected status
Your new role will be
As our newest Satellite Service Technician, you will represent Atlas Copco as you provide high-level customer service when performing routine service and maintenance, emergency breakdown calls and complete overhauls on our equipment end users. You will take the lead on building important relations with our customer base, and will be supported with continuous opportunities to develop valuable technical skills through on-the-job experiences and other training resources offered within the company.
The main activities you’ll take care of
- Carrying out maintenance and service on our customer’s Atlas Copco products, as well as other brand equipment, and advising them about the general operations of their machines and maintenance requirements while promoting Atlas Copco service products
- Commissioning new equipment and effectively diagnosing mechanical and electrical faults on customer equipment
- Supporting our local customer base, developing new customers, and maximizing time utilization
- Taking responsibility over opportunities to update your own product knowledge by reading instruction books, technical bulletins, in referring to any other technical information system, and other company resources, and by actively participating in the training programs as offered by the company
- Proudly representing the face of Atlas Copco when connecting with the customer on hand by following and demonstrating company standards and exceeding the expectations of our valued customers
- Managing daily administrative duties such as ensuring time sheets, work orders, emails and other documentation are signed by customer when applicable and submitted timely, as well as preparing service reports and offering strategic solutions to problems
- Advising the operations service manager and/or the service salesman of any new business opportunity.
What you can expect from us
- Highly competitive hourly salary + overtime/double time above 40 hours and holidays + annual company performance bonus $
- Extended Health Care Plan, Dental Care and Life and Disability Insurance
- $600 Physical Wellness Subsidy
- Paid Time-off (3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal days, 1 week sick days, 1 floater dat)
- Company vehicle, laptop, cellphone, merch and uniform
- Emergency Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program (100% reimbursement of costs of courses, exams, etc.)
- Employee Discount Program
- Continuous Learning Opportunities
What will help you succeed in your new role
- You have previous experience servicing industrial air compressors
- You have successfully received certification in one of the following areas: Industrial Electrician, Millwright or Air Conditioning/Refrigeration or you have similar experience/knowledge
- You have a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- You enjoy working independently and can self-manage to meet deadlines and move ahead in your daily tasks
- You have great customer service and communication skills
- You have good physical endurance and are comfortable working in conditions that involve frequent travel for both short and extended periods, a rotating schedule that can require evenings, weekends and holidays, being hands-on using wrenches and other tools, lifting 50lbs regularly and working in extreme temperatures
- You have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.
DISCLAIMER: GETCANADIANEXPERIENCE does not guarantee the validity of job posting and job offers on its website. Job Seekers are cautioned to verify the validity of job postings and offers before taking any action about their employment situation. Job Seekers are solely responsible for checking the validity, genuineness, and legitimacy of any Employer, job posting or job offer posted on its company website.