At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal. Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment. ‘2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity.’
Location: We are seeking an experienced Retail Operations Lead (Full Time 30 hours per week) for our Vancouver Convention Centre operation.
Sodexo Live! is the Official Supplier of Food and Beverage Services to the Vancouver Convention Centre. Located on Vancouver’s waterfront with a dramatic mountain backdrop, the award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful settings in the world. As British Columbia’s flagship convention centre, the facility hosts more than 500 events and welcomes hundreds of thousands of attendees each year, while generating significant economic activity for the Province.
The Retail Operations Lead is responsible for ensuring that guests receive an exceptional level of service by supporting the Supervisor, and Assistant Manager to oversee the retail operations at all points of sale. They will assign tasks and delegate responsibilities to Baristas and will monitor the sale of a variety of hand-crafted beverages, pre-made or fresh-to-order light snack items from Sodexo Live!’s Café and Retail Bistro menu. Their top priority will be to ensure that the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation are maintained.
They are responsible for ensuring that responsible alcoholic beverage procedures are implemented throughout their assigned locations and for ensuring that Sodexo Live!’s standards for handling monetary transactions are consistently in place.
- Perform duties according to Sodexo Live! procedure for opening and closing Café and Retail Bistro outlets; Including assist Assistant Manager lead set up and tearing down the ‘pop-up’ style Retail F&B outlets.
- Assist in the training of Baristas; Observe, model and coach all guest service standards
- May participate in the recruitment and selection
- Assist Assistant Manager to prepare and manage cash floats, audit employee cash outs and ensure employees are following correct cash handling procedures.
- Be fully knowledgeable of Café and Retail Bistro menu items; Assist in educating Barista/Cashiers and serve as an information resource for any questions they may have.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Ensure that employees are assigned meal breaks and that proper time and attendance procedures are followed.
- Leading and supporting employees in providing outstanding service to all guests and delegate tasks as required.
- Maintaining daily record of sales, waste, and communicate any repairs to equipment that may be required.
- Monitor flow of service and maintain continuous communication inventory food service pars to the Assistant Manager.
- Adhere to all Company recipes and measurements; Prepare top quality hot and cold beverages; Produce superior product presentation in a consistent manner.
- Facilitating special guest requests and work diligently to resolve issues and address concerns so that no guest leaves unhappy.
- Continuously observe surroundings and maintain awareness of all customer activities; Immediately report suspicious, violent or inappropriate behaviour
- Implement, support and maintain standards for workplace safety at all times.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Serving it Right Certificate required and must be 19 years or older to serve alcohol.
- 6+ months of experience in a fast-paced food service facility.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Proficient English communication skills in order to effectively interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Previous Barista experience strongly preferred.
- Strong coffee and tea knowledge and is a trained and experienced barista.
- College education in Business or Hospitality would be considered an asset or a combination of education and related experience.
- Working knowledge of liquor control.
- Technology aptitude for working with POS (Clover).
- Food Safe Certification.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift. Must be able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally greater. Must be able to go from warm to cold climates (workstation to coolers).
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
$21.00 - $21.45 per hour, depending on experience.
Great news! You will receive:
- 100% Company paid health and dental benefits (after wait period and qualifying hours).
- Opportunities for skills development and career progression.
- Tuition reimbursement for educational and professional development.
- A fresh, clean uniform provided with every shift.
- Employee meals provided.
- Access to free on-site gym facilities.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other applicable Provincially protected status.
DISCLAIMER: GETCANADIANEXPERIENCE does not guarantee the validity of job posting and job offers on its website. Job Seekers are cautioned to verify the validity of job postings and offers before taking any action about their employment situation. Job Seekers are solely responsible for checking the validity, genuineness, and legitimacy of any Employer, job posting or job offer posted on its company website.