At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal. Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment. ‘2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity.’
Location: We are seeking an experienced Attendant Team Lead (Full Time 30 hours per week) for our Vancouver Convention Centre operation.
Sodexo Live! is the Official Supplier of Food and Beverage Services to the Vancouver Convention Centre. Located on Vancouver’s waterfront with a dramatic mountain backdrop, the award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful settings in the world. As British Columbia’s flagship convention centre, the facility hosts more than 500 events and welcomes hundreds of thousands of attendees each year, while generating significant economic activity for the Province.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of Set-Up Attendants to complete all tasks and maintain high levels of service consistent with our standards.
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-coordinate activities with other departments.
- Reviewing all works orders required for assigned work and complete internal reporting and check-lists on work required and completed.
- Assist Managers to resolve work-related problems and may occasionally prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Providing training in job duties, safety procedures, company policies and feedback to employees regarding proper room set-ups, use of equipment and safety.
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and reporting unusable equipment following the appropriate repair procedure.
- Confirming supplies and materials that are required through the course of the shift are made ready for relevant events.
- Monitor quality and production levels by ensuring room and equipment set ups as required for client needs, sometimes under tight deadlines.
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Movement of freight and equipment using lifts and forklifts.
- Providing timely feedback to Managers in regards to employee performance management.
- Coordinating with departments to ensure that all events and clients needs are met and kept in accordance with the Vancouver Convention Centre service standard.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college courses related supervision in hospitality is an asset.
- Must have strong leadership and decision-making skills, with proven ability to lead a team and direct employees to assigned activities. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of and experience operating Forklift is an asset.
- Ability to understand all aspects of documentation within the department including event work orders, and ability to prioritize those tasks.
- Familiarity with various types of room set-ups and equipment for different events is preferred.
- Must be organized and self-motivated in order to handle many events and demands at one time.
- Positive attitude and a consistent calm disposition, with the ability to model our high standard of guest service in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional focus on our high standard of guest service, modelling these standards at all times.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, as well as advanced interpersonal skills to coach and motivate a large group of employees.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for the entire shift.
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push and pull items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally greater with another person.
- The employee is required to bend stoop, kneel, crouch, or climb, and must have the ability to reach overhead, above the shoulders.
- Must be able to go from warm to cold climates.
SHIFTS AND HOURS:
Shift start and end times will be determined by business needs and hours may vary week to week depending on event demand. The position may require working early morning, late evening, graveyard shifts, weekends and holidays. Overtime may be required.
Great news! You will receive:
- Company paid health and dental benefits (after wait period and qualifying hours)
- Competitive total compensation.
- Opportunities for skills development and career progression.
- A fresh, clean uniform provided with every shift.
- Employee meals provided
- Access to free on-site gym facilities provided.
$23.85 – $25.20 per hour, depending on experience
To Apply for this Position:
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other applicable Provincially protected status.
DISCLAIMER: GETCANADIANEXPERIENCE does not guarantee the validity of job posting and job offers on its website. Job Seekers are cautioned to verify the validity of job postings and offers before taking any action about their employment situation. Job Seekers are solely responsible for checking the validity, genuineness, and legitimacy of any Employer, job posting or job offer posted on its company website.